Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Seasons & Flowers

When we first started planning our wedding one of the first things I did was start looking at gorgeous flowers! I wish I could decorate the whole ceremony and reception with flowers but that gets a tad expensive and plus that's not what a wedding is about anyway... So I began looking at bouquets and I immediately fell in love with peonies!
Source
Peonies embody romance and prosperity and are regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage. O my goodness I love them and I love what they mean, could you find a better flower for a wedding?!  And that's when I learned about seasonal flowers... Peonies bloom in the spring not in the summer which is when we are getting married, therefore if I picked peonies they would be extremely expensive flowers because we are getting married in June. There is still some hope for peonies in June because some growers have sales in June said my florist. For now though I have picked another gorgeous flower...

Source




These are gerber daisies with roses and sweet peas. This is what I will be carrying unless of course peonies become less expensive! However I love this bouquet as well!!


Source
Source

 








The Groomsmen will have one gerber daisy and the Bridesmaids will carry all gerber daisies.


Source
Source  

Here is my inspiration for the flower girl basket and the ring bearer pillow, both of which I am going to try to DIY!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment